1. German chocolate cake is called after a man named Sam German, not the nation.
2. Almost as many individuals have been killed by guillotine in Nazi Germany as within the French Revolution.
Three. The creature that kills the most individuals yearly is not snakes, sharks, and even different people — it is the mosquito.
Four. The Sun City Poms is a cheerleading squad in Arizona that solely individuals 55 or older can be a part of.
5. “What in tarnation?” is actually simply one other approach of claiming, “What the hell?”
6. Chainsaws, the horror-movie homicide weapon of selection, have been invented for help in childbirth 😊.
7. There’s an island in Japan you may go to that is inhabited solely by pleasant bunnies.
eight. There are literally extra public libraries within the US than McDonald’s.
9. The final letter added to the English alphabet wasn’t Z — it was the letter J.
10. In 1518, a “dancing plague” took over the city of Strasbourg, France.
11. People wore faux moles (or “magnificence patches”) product of velvet, silk, or mouse pores and skin within the 18th century as a vogue assertion.
12. Before the invention of shade TV, 75% of individuals stated they dreamed in black and white. Today, solely 12% do.
13. A feminine structure pupil prevented a Manhattan skyscraper from collapsing within the 1970s when she caught a large design flaw.
14. It’s unlawful to personal only one guinea pig in Switzerland as a result of they get lonely.
15. Wombat poop is cube-shaped.
16. The British royal household is not allowed to play Monopoly.
17. Popcorn wasn’t all the time a beloved film snack — the truth is, previous to the Great Depression, film theaters hated popcorn.
18. Paper baggage are not any higher for the surroundings than plastic ones.
19. In the 19th century, specialists warned ladies a few illness known as bicycle face, which meant getting caught with the awkward faces they made whereas biking.
20. Until the 1980s, it was unlawful for a lady to drive a automotive down Main Street in Waynesboro, Virginia, until her husband was strolling in entrance of the automotive waving a purple flag.
21. The voice of Mickey Mouse and the voice of Minnie Mouse bought married IRL.
22. A can of Mountain Dew can dissolve a mouse 😳.
23. For a short while, the planet Uranus was named…George.
24. Movies should make clear that they are fiction due to a 1930s lawsuit that traces again to none apart from Rasputin.
25. Iceland has an elf whisperer who inspects building websites earlier than something will get constructed to verify no elves are hanging round.
26. In the 1920s, ladies in a number of US cities organized Anti-Flirt Clubs in to fight catcalling.
27. Toilet seat covers are principally pointless.
28. There is an island within the Bahamas that is inhabited solely by swimming pigs.
29. Richard Nixon as soon as smuggled a suitcase stuffed with weed by the airport for Louis Armstrong.
30. Ancient Greeks got here up with the thought of cyclops after they discovered a fossil of a mammoth, and had no thought what it was.
31. There are 70 (!) substances in a McRib sandwich.
32. There are lower-case numbers along with lower-case letters.
33. The first particular person to carry out a profitable C-section in South Africa was Dr. James Barry…a physician who was truly a girl.
34. For a short time, Melbourne had the most effective title on the planet: Batmania.
35. In 1981, a black lab named Bosco was elected honorary mayor of Sunol, California.
36. Lego is the biggest tire producer on the earth.
37. A “buttload” is an actual measurement of weight.
38. Four% of the sand on Normandy seaside is made up of shrapnel from D-Day that has damaged down.
39. If somebody provides opinions on matters they know nothing about, they’re an ultracrepidarian.
40. Canadians say “sorry” a lot that The Apology Act was handed in 2009, declaring that an apology cannot be used as proof of request for forgiveness.
41. Amelia Earhart and Eleanor Roosevelt as soon as ditched a White House banquet to go on a joyride flight to Baltimore.
42. There’s a highschool in Minnesota that provides service canine yearbook photographs.
43. Most American film villains have British accents as a result of we affiliate them with having excessive mind and low morals.
44. Earth was coated with big mushrooms that have been 24 toes tall and three toes huge, as a substitute of timber.
45. Mother’s Day was fairly actually invented to be anti-commercialism.
46. There’s a sexual phenomenon named after President Calvin Coolidge.
47. The emblem for Chupa Chups was designed by Salvador Dalí.
48. Modern thong underwear was launched by Fiorello LaGuardia, the mayor of New York City.
49. The Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg, Russia, has so many cats on its grounds that it employs a “Press Secretary to the Cats.”
50. A author predicted how the Titanic would sink in 1898, 13 years earlier than it was even constructed.
51. There’s a city in Poland the place all the pieces is adorned with work of flowers.
52. There are timber that may develop multiple form of fruit, and so they’re known as fruit salad timber.
53. “Horizontal refreshment” was 19th century slang for intercourse.
54. In Queensland, Australia, it is unlawful to personal a pet rabbit until you are a magician.
55. Elizabeth Jennings Graham did what Rosa Parks did, however a century earlier on a New York City streetcar. Her eventual lawsuit led to the desegregation of New York’s public transit system.
56. Sea otters have a pouch below their forearm to retailer their favourite rocks.
57. T-shirts have been initially marketed to single males who did not know methods to sew buttons again on collared shirts by themselves.
58. Prior to the 20th century, squirrels have been one among America’s hottest pets.
59. All colours of Froot Loops have the identical taste.
60. April 18, 1930, was such a gradual information day that at 6:30 PM, the BBC’s radio announcer stated, “There isn’t any information.”
61. Before the 1800s, individuals had a “first” and “second sleep.” They would sleep Three-Four hours, get up for 2-Three hours to do some kind of exercise, then return to sleep till morning.
62. Cows have “greatest associates” and get careworn when separated.
63. Ketchup was bought as drugs within the 1830s.
64. Robert Todd Lincoln, Abraham Lincoln’s son, was in shut proximity to a few out of 4 presidential assassinations.
65. If you are being violent or drunk in Japan, police will get a futon and roll you right into a burrito.
66. All mammals take about 12 seconds to poop, no matter dimension.
67. Miami is the one main US metropolis based by a girl.
68. The story you’ve got most likely heard about lemmings leaping off of cliffs to their deaths is FAKE.
69. Anxious vacationers can play with mini horses at a Kentucky airport.
70. In 1965, a patent was filed for a “birthing equipment” which might spin pregnant ladies round at as a lot as 7G till their child was flung out from the centrifugal pressure.
71. A cat co-authored a physics paper in 1975.
72. Cornflakes have been invented to stop masturbation.
73. When the University of Nebraska performs soccer at residence, the stadium turns into the state’s third largest metropolis.
74. Shaggy from Scooby Doo’s actual title is Norville Rogers.
75. Every yr on Aug. 5, the Mars Curiosity rover sings itself a tragic, solitary “Happy Birthday.”
76. There are turtle tunnels in Japan to save lots of them from being run over by trains.
77. Snakes can belch fireplace.
78. “She sells seashells by the seashore” was written about an precise particular person named Mary Anning.
79. Mr. Rogers introduced that he was feeding his fish on each episode of his present as a result of a blind viewer as soon as requested in the event that they have been okay.
80. Red Sour Patch Kids are the very same sweet as Swedish Fish, simply with some bitter sugar sprinkled on them.
81. Baby puffins are known as pufflings.
More trivia and enjoyable info: 9 Books That Actually Helped Me Win On “Jeopardy!”